BHIM app (Bharat Interface for money) is a secure, fast and free app that is launched by Indian Government. You can use BHIM app to make any offline payment. This is the second form of UPI service. This app is developed by National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI). This app is developed in India and its server is also connected in Indian nation. BHIM app is available for all types of OS that is iOS, Android, Windows. After demonetization on November 8 this is a best way to make a digital India. If you are fully unknown from UPI services then don’t worry I’m telling you about UPI. This is a service that was launched on feb 2016 in which you can pay or transfer money to any bank account from your mobile phone.
You can transfer money from dialing *99# from your mobile phone. But BHIM app provides a facility in which you can create a virtual address and make payment easily. There is a payment address in BHIM app as <mobile_number@upi> or <preferred user id@upi>. This id is your primary address.
How BHIM App Works
If you don’t know how to use BHIM app then read this article at end. At first you have to add your bank account to BHIM app. Your mobile number is your payment address. If you are thinking Can we make payment in non UPI bank? Yes you can make payment in non-UPI bank. This app supports non-UPI bank payment. You can make payment or transfer money easily to non-UPI bank.
Features of BHIM App
- Send and Receive Money: You can transfer and receive money from the payment address. You can transfer money to the no-UPI bank from IFSC and MMID.
- Balance Check: You can check balance details and transaction details also through this app.
- Custom payment Address: You can add custom payment address in your mobile number.
- QR Code: If you want to make payment faster then you scan through QR code.
- You can transfer Rs. 20,000 in a day that is in 24 hours and the maximum transaction is Rs. 10,000 at one time.
- This app supports HINDI and English language.
- These banks are supported by BHIM app :Allahabad Bank , Andhra Bank, Axis Bank , Bank of Baroda , Bank of Maharashtra , Canara Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank , Central Bank of India, DCB Bank , Dena Bank, Federal Bank , HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank , IDBI Bank , IDFC Bank , Indian Bank , Indian Overseas Bank , IndusInd Bank, Karnataka Bank , Karur Vysya Bank , Kotak Mahindra Bank , Oriental Bank of Commerce , Punjab National Bank , RBL Bank , South Indian Bank , Standard Chartered Bank , State Bank of India , Syndicate Bank , Union Bank of India, United Bank of India, Vijaya Bank.
- App Size : 2.46 MB
- Android 2.3.3 and supported upto all latest Android version.
How to Download and Install BHIM app
- You can download BHIM app from Play Store, Download it from here.
- After downloading and installing the app open it and select the language.
- You will see a page about app description.
- Now it will ask the permission to allow us to access. Allow the app permission.
- Now verify your mobile number.
- Enter a 4 digit passcode (Password can be anything that is remember)
- This app will detect your bank account details automatically.
- Tick the bank account
- Now you can use BHIM app.
- You can check your profile and generate the QR code.
Problems and Solutions Related to BHIM app
Failed of Mobile number Verification
To use this app the mobile number verification is must. But due to fail of mobile number verification the balance can be deducted. The main cause can be the slow internet connection and low main balance.